Formed in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1999, The National have made their name known around the entire globe. Often considered as one of the top indie rock bands of all time, the fivesome has been nominated for two Grammys, winning the 2017 Grammy for Best Alternative Music Album for ‘Sleep Well Best’. Their music is personal, explorative, and extrospective. Having 7 albums under their belt, The National prides themselves on musicality and showmanship. Lead singer Matthew Berninger studied graphic design at the University of Cincinnati. He eventually quit a career in advertising in his thirties to start THe National. He told The Telegraph: “I was doing well [in advertising]. But, once I entertained the thought that maybe I wouldn’t ever have to go and sit in conference rooms with Mastercard to discuss web ads again, I couldn’t shake it.”
On Thursday, September 20th, The National will bring their musical talents to the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles. Expect to hear the top power tracks such as “THe System Only Dreams in Total Darkness” and “Nobody Else Will Be There” off the album ‘Sleep Well Beast‘. Furthermore, the song “I Need My Girl” should make its way into the setlist. The track has over 67 million plays on Spotify. Joining The National will be Phoebe Bridgers.
The concert takes place at the Hollywood Palladium on Thursday, September 20th and is presented by KCRW. Show at 7:00 PM. This show has SOLD OUT! Try your luck scoring two tickets by entering our giveaway below:
THE NATIONAL TICKET GIVEAWAY RULES:
- If you’re not already doing so like our Facebook page by clicking here.
- Leave a comment on our Facebook wall stating you entered The National giveaway.
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org stating you entered the contest.
- Next, make sure you’re following our Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- Last, like and comment on THE NATIONAL photo on our Instagram with #getsomemagazine and be sure to tag a friend!
Winner will be announced at 6 PM on September 19th via Facebook! If you don’t have Facebook, let us known via email. Good luck!