On October 20th, Interscope Records will release a numbered limited edition deluxe vinyl box set of the YEAH YEAH YEAHS seminal first album Fever to Tell. The album was originally released in 2003, but for it’s 15 year anniversary, the band put together a special package. The first 500 preorders of the limited box set will get an exclusive cassette tape hand labelled by the band that includes four additional demos not included in the box set. The deluxe box will also come wrapped in torn fishnet stockings.
Speaking about the release, the New York trio said:
“A friend of a friend kept asking if we were ever gonna put Fever To Tell out on vinyl as it hasn’t been on vinyl in 10 years. That’s not right. So here it is on vinyl for the first time in 10 years plus a time capsule of photos, demos (1st ever recorded,) a mini film documenting our near downfall and other fun memorabilia, from the turn of the century NYC, made with love + the usual blood, sweat + tears of Yeah Yeah Yeahs.”
– Limited Edition, Signed & Numbered / 2,000 Worldwide
– 2LPs – 180g audiophile black vinyl for the first time ever
– Original album newly remastered by Stephen Marcussen
– 29 Audio Tracks
– 9 unreleased four-track recorded demos
– 8 B-sides/Rarities – 2 previously unreleased “Shake It” and “Boogers”
– 5 newspaper lyric posters with exclusive photos by Nick Zinner, Spike Jonze, Lance Bangs, Julian Gross, Patrick Daughters and Cintamani Calise
In addition to the box set, the YEAH YEAH YEAHS have announced small club shows in Los Angeles (The Fonda Theatre, October 25) and Brooklyn (Kings Theatre, November 7). These two shows go on presale today with a preorder of the boxset. General tickets go on sale on September 29th.
Preorder your copy of the vinyl boxset here.
Buy tickets to the exclusive club shows here.
Listen to previously unreleased track “Shake It” below: