Named after a rural countryside road, the Australian metalcore band Parkway Drive was formed in 2003 by vocalist Winston McCall, guitarists Luke Kilpatrick and Jeff Ling, drummer Ben Gordon, and bassist Jia O’Connor. They have since built a respected name for themselves in the Australian hardcore scene through opening for fellow Australian acts as well as American bands.
Since their first album’s release in 2006, the band has released five more albums while experimenting with their sound for a varied, yet metal feel. Their latest album ‘Reverence‘ arrived in the spring of 2018 and featured singles “Wishing Wells” and “The Void.”
On Sunday, September 23rd, Parkway Drive will bring their musical talents to the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles. Expect to hear the top power tracks such as “Prey” and Wishing Wells” off the album ‘Reverence‘. Furthermore, the song “Vice Grip” should make its way into the setlist. The track has over 24 million plays on Spotify. Joining Parkway Drive will be August Burns Red, The Devil Wears Prada, and Polaris.
The concert takes place at the Hollywood Palladium on Sunday, September 23rd and is presented by Live Nation. Show at 6:00 PM. Tickets start at $32 and can be purchased here! Or, try your luck by entering our contest below:
PARKWAY DRIVE TICKET GIVEAWAY RULES:
- If you’re not already doing so like our Facebook page by clicking here.
- Leave a comment on our Facebook wall stating you entered the Parkway Drive giveaway.
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org stating you entered the contest.
- Next, make sure you’re following our Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- Last, like and comment on the PARKWAY DRIVE photo on our Instagram with #getsomemagazine and be sure to tag a friend!
Winner will be announced at 6 PM on September 21st via Facebook! If you don’t have Facebook, let us known via email. Good luck!