Hidden behind an artsy antelope/zebra light up mask lies Slow Magic. Although his true identity is still unknown, the young producer has been making waves in the electronic, trip-hop community for several years. His beats are fresh, clean, and not overly fucked with – they’re tight yet allow room for his massive buildups to come crashing down. Slow Magic told Kyle Eustice at Bandwagon Magazine “When I started this project, I wanted the main focus to be the music and artwork, and not a person or a place or a face,” he says. “I thought that a lot of times, even before you hear the music, you’ve already judged or had a thought of what it could be so I wanted to challenge that. I also wanted to make the focus more on the project than me. With all the attention now, I don’t really see any difference in how I want the project to be seen by everything. It’s still the same to me.”
On Sunday, December 10th, Slow Magic will bring his musical talents to the Novo in Los Angeles. Expect to hear tracks “Closer” and “Waited 4 U” from the musician’s 2014 album ‘How To Run Away’. Furthermore, the song “Girls” should make its way into the setlist. The track has over 10.6 million plays on Spotify.
The concert takes place at the Novo on Sunday, December 10th and is presented by Goldenvoice. Doors are at 7 PM with the show starting at 8 PM. Tickets range between $19.50 – $29.00 and can be purchased by clicking HERE. OR, try your luck by entering our contest below:
SLOW MAGIC TICKET GIVEAWAY RULES:
- If you’re not already doing so like our Facebook page by clicking here.
- Leave a comment on our Facebook wall stating you entered the Slow Magic giveaway.
- Next, make sure you’re following our Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org stating you entered the contest.
- Last, like and comment on the SLOW MAGIC photo on our Instagram with #getsomeSLOWMAGIC.
The winner will be announced via Get Some’s Facebook page at 5 PM local time on December 8th!